The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships offer exceptional international students the chance of a lifetime to attend one of the top universities in the world while living in one of the most diverse cities in the world. The scholarship program’s goal is to honor students that excel in their academics, are exceptionally creative, and are regarded as school leaders. The student’s influence on their school and community, as well as their future potential to make a beneficial contribution to the world community are given specific consideration.
These scholarships, which are given out annually, honor deserving students from all around the world, including foreigners who attend Canadian high schools. The most renowned and competitive scholarship available to overseas students at the University of Toronto. For four years, full housing support as well as tuition, books, and incidentals are all included in the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships. The grant is exclusively valid for first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. The number of Lester B. Pearson Scholars will be around 37 per year.
You must be nominated by your school and apply to the University of Toronto for undergraduate study in order to be considered a Pearson Scholar. Inquire about nominations from the guidance counselor at your school. Your private, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application will be emailed to you once you have been nominated and submitted an application to the University of Toronto.
Students who have showed remarkable academic ability and inventiveness, who are recognized as leaders in their schools, and who have the potential to make future contributions to the global community are considered to be Pearson Scholars. By virtue of their range of interests, intellectual vigor, and influence on the life of their school and society, they can be distinguished from other kids who may have similar good academic accomplishments.
- Country: Canada
- Organization: University of Toronto
- Gender: Male/Female
- Degree: Undergraduate
- Deadline for school nominations: November 30, 2022
- Deadline for student OUAC applications: December 14, 2022
- The deadline for student scholarship applications: January 6, 2023
Benefits of the Scholarship
For four years, full housing support as well as tuition, books, and incidentals are all included in the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships.
To participate for the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- A non-Canadian international student who wants a study visa.
- You are currently enrolled in your last year of secondary school or will have graduated no earlier than June 2022.
- Beginning your academic career in September 2023 at the University of Toronto.
- Students who are enrolled in post-secondary education already are not eligible.
- Students who will begin their studies at another post-secondary institution in January 2023 will not be considered for this program.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must:
- Get a nomination from your high school (to participate in our program, high schools must submit an application that is available here).
- To start your studies at U of T in 2023 and finish your admissions application by the due dates visit here
Note: Please be aware that you will be given the Pearson Scholarship consideration for your first choice of U of T program. The Pearson Scholarship, if granted to you, would be limited to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are announced. You may apply to many programs and be admitted to them all.