The Alexandros Petersen scholarship is for students from Afghanistan, Central Asia, or the South Caucasus. This scholarship allows students to pursue a master’s degree in the field of war, security, and development at the Department of War Studies.
Alexandros Petersen’s family has provided a transformative USD 1 million gift to this scholarship at King’s since its inception in September 2016. The program will assist students whose work demonstrates Alexandros’s objectives and ambitions, as well as those who hope to become future professionals on the ground in academia and policy.
Alexandros Petersen Scholarship Details
- Country to Study: United Kingdom
- Institution: King’s College London
- Department: Department of War Studies
- Eligible Nations: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Study Fields: Conflict, Security, and Development
- Scholarship Value: £53,000
- No. of Scholarship: Annually one
- Scholarship Deadline: 4 January, 2023
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Monthly stipend (£20,000 to be split over 10 months for 2023/24 year)
- Travel bursary (£2,000)
Alexandros Petersen Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be citizen of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan.
- Applicants must acknowledge that, upon completion of their studies, they will make every effort to return to Central Asia or the South Caucasus region to share the skills.
- Applicants must meet the University’s minimum English language requirements for this program. Applicants are responsible for taking the necessary tests to demonstrate that they meet these requirements.
- Students applying to the Conflict, Security, and Development MA will be given priority, but other War Studies MAs may be considered.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement (Describing how the Scholarship will help the applicant’s future aspirations and career development).
- A research statement of up to 500 words is required on the application form.
How to Apply?
- Complete the formal King’s application through the Apply Now button on the below.
- To apply for full-time programme or any other full-time Master’s programme within the War Studies department see full list here.
- Attach the Scholarship application form to your King’s Apply application’s Funding section.
- Attach a writing sample to your King’s Apply application form’s Funding section.
- Please check box 5 “I am applying for a funding award or scholarship administered by King’s College London” on the Funding window and include the Award Scheme Code: APS2023.
- Fill out the Alexandros Petersen Scholarship application form and send it to [email protected] by January 4, 2023.
Note: Please keep in mind that the size of documents you can upload to the King’s Apply Portal’s Supporting Statements section is limited to 3MB. You might discover that saving the document in a different format, such as JPEG, reduces its size.