If you wish to reside, study, or do business in the United States, you may apply for the DV 2024 beginning on October 5, 2022.
The Immigration Act, which went into effect in 1995, created the Diversity Visa (DV) program. There are 55,000 immigrant visas available each year through a lottery. This program’s primary goal is to increase the diversity of the immigrant population in the US. There are 55,000 visas available for DV-2023.
There are 6 areas in the world where these immigrant visas are distributed:
- North America
- South America
- Central America
The DV lottery registration is open for a set amount of time each year. The DV Lottery 2024 begins on Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 12 p.m. and it finishes on Friday, November 8, 2022 at 12 p.m. EDT (8 p.m. Afghanistan time).
- Residents of all countries other than those listed below are eligible to apply.
- Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, the United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories), and Vietnam are among the countries with the highest proportions of Indians.
- People born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible to apply.
Who is eligible to apply for a Green Card in the United States?
- Born in an eligible country (or his or her spouse born in an eligible country).
- Have a high school diploma (12 years) or two years of work experience in the last five years in a job that needs a minimum of two years of training.
- Applicants who are married may include their spouses and minor children under the age of 21.
DV Photo Specifications
- The image should be in the JPEG format.
- Taken during the last six months .
- Not have shadow.
- Be clear and in color.
- Head and shoulders should be visible.
- Have a white or off-white background.
- Do not use a retouching tool to alter the head, face, and neck.
- Directly facing camera. Eyes should be clearly visible.
- Full face should be visible, with no cloth, hat, head coverings except for religious or medical purposes.
- For children, the children should be facing the camera with his/her eyes, not other people should be in the photo. No matter if the infant’s eyes are not or are not entirely open.
The Photo’s Requirement
- 1200 x 1200 pixels or 600 x 600 pixels .
- Maximum file size is 240 kb.
- The existing photo scan should be 5151 mm in size with a resolution of 300 pixels per inch.
- Applicants for DV 2021, 2022, and 2023 must be in possession of a valid travel passport.
- When registering a family, only the major applicant (father/mother) must have a valid passport
NOTE: Thankfully, this year, this prerequisite is dropped, so applicants can submit their applications without a passport.
How to Apply?
The following details are required to complete your application:
Name, last name, gender, birth date, city and country of birth, email address and phone number, education degree, marital status, and information about children if you have any.
You can apply online by completing the online application form, which is exclusively available on the official website of the DV lottery.
We strongly advise you to complete the admission form on your own, without the assistance of a “visa consultant,” “visa agency,” or other facilitator. If you are assisted, you should be present when your entry is produced so that you may offer proper answers to the questions and maintain your unique confirmation number as well as a printout of your confirmation screen.
It is critical that you keep a printout of your confirmation page and unique confirmation number. Unscrupulous visa facilitators have been known to help entrants with their entries, then keep the confirmation page printout and demand further money in exchange for the confirmation number. You will be unable to access the online system that notifies you of your admission status until you provide this information. If someone offers to keep this information for you, be skeptical. You should also keep access to the email address indicated in your E-DV record.
You may apply